- Goal: to give you an overview of the current weather and weather forecasts for the next
days in Switzerland (without disturbing you with useless advertisements!).
- Idea: this page just brings together existing images from different internet sites, then
gives access to corresponding information.
- Usage: click on an image or on its title to get more details (in some cases, the
relevant information is not available in English, then another languge will be displayed).
- Abreviations: MS means here MeteoSwiss (formerly Swiss Institute of Meteorology),
SI stays for SwissInfo (formerly RSI Radio Swiss International)...
- Update: depending on their source, the images presented here are updated at different
frequencies and times. I have therefore to let the user check the timeliness of the provided
information, also if necessary to reload the page. It may sometimes happen that a server discontinues
updating some images, in which case i do my possible to replace them soon... without being 24 hours
a day on duty.
- Summer / winter: some images are changed between summer and winter (because the snow and
avalanche bulletin is not published in the summer).
- to Peter Waldner for the basic idea for this page,
- to Michela Gandolfi for the Italian translation,
- to Sabine Brodbeck for her ideas and encouragement,
- and obviously to all those who work behind the images that i allowed myself to
- Comments: can be submitted by e-mail
to Patrick Schleppi.